“What cause I been in the lab with a pen and a pad
Tryin’ to get this damn label off”
I know, I know.
It’s been a minute.
Sometime’s though, the real work isn’t glamorous, and there’s not as much to write about. Since making the transition to work for myself so I can fuel a life of travel, martial arts and general debauchery, i’ve been all about building online businesses, and helping others do the same.
I’ve still been training non stop at here on the coast of the UK and even exploring my own country a bit. Since returning home late last year i’ve had my head down and focused on creating the foundations that will allow me to travel, train, and produce content for Rolling Through with much more consistency.
It’s been a real eye opener, being home has it’s set of benefits, ones you’re sometimes blind to when your itching to visit somewhere new.
The biggest benefit? A the lack of distractions.
As good as life on the road is, it’s a terrible place to build something from scratch. That requires the kind of focus that it’s hard to find when there’s ever changing horizons.
So for the past few months…
I’ve been creating and re-launching businesses.
I’ve been building my body, and getting in some hard rounds ready for competitions.
I’ve been making connections, building foundations and working on new projects.
…And i’ve done the odd road trip, just to keep things interesting.
Consistent training, consistent work, and inconsistently grabbing a few Guinness with friends (Good Guinness is hard to find on the road).
Now though, with spring here and summer in my sights i’m eyeing up my next move. So here’s what’s coming on this blog, and from me in the future:
- Destination Guides for places recently, and not so recently visited, that are going to highlight all the great spots you need to know around the world if you’re a martial arts focused explorer!
- Some stories and reflections from time spent in the UK, training for competitions, building the foundations for travel, and generally just plotting my next move!
- Some recaps from past trips that set the groundwork for this blog and where i’m at now (blast from the past type posts)
- Some reflections on the whole process, lessons learned etc
- Plans for the next trip and ways to get involved.
As always, all the content is designed to provide the information and the inspiration for you guys to live your life on your terms and maybe fill it with a few more adventures around your own training.
Hit me up on Twitter or comment on Instagram and give me some ideas of where to go for trips, or if you’re planning a trip of your own, let me know and let’s roll!